History of Shaheed Diwas 2023
On October 30, 1928, Lala Lajpat Rai launched a non-violent protest against Sir John his Simon’s visit to Lahore with the famous slogan “Simon, go home”. The protest was peaceful, but the Metropolitan Police Department James A. Scott ordered the police to charge the protesters for allegedly fatally injuring Lala Lajpat Rai. After his death, three young freedom fighters, Bhagat Singh, Rajgur, and Sukhdev, along with others, decided to murder James his Scott, but due to a wrong identity another police chief, John P. Accidentally killed Sanders.
On January 30, 2023, India will observe Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Diwas to pay tribute to all the freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for the country .
Martyrs Day or Shahid Diwas 2023
On January 30, 2023, India celebrated Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Diwas to honor all freedom fighters who gave their lives for their country. This day also commemorates the death of the country’s ‘Bapu’ Mahatma Gandhi. On this day in 1948, Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse on the grounds of Birla House after a multifaith prayer service. A member of the Hindu Mahasaba, Godse accused Gandhi of supporting the Muslim community during the partition of India in 1947. Gandhi’s last words are said to have been ‘Hey Ram’
Martyrs’ Day is also celebrated in India on March 23, especially in memory of Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru and Sukhdev Thapr, who were hanged on this day in 1931.
Meaning of Shaheed Diwas
The significance of Shaheed Diwas lies in the fact that Mahatma Gandhi, known as the “Father of the Nation”, led a major movement against British rule through a non-violent approach. His death anniversary was celebrated as Shahid Diwas (Martyr’s Day) and his philosophy was based on the principles of non-violence, the struggle for truth (Satyagraha) and political and personal freedom (Swaraj).
Every January 30th, India celebrates Martyrs’ Day in honor of Mahatma Gandhi’s Samadhi at Rajhi Ghat in Delhi. The President, Vice President, Prime Minister, Secretary of Defense and his three Chiefs of Staff (Army, Air Force and Navy) pay tribute to our Founding Fathers. About Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi was born on October 2, 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat. He went to London to pursue a law degree and then to South Africa to practice law. When he was in South Africa, he observed that Indians were treated badly and belonged to the lower classes like other people of color.
In 1915 he attended the Indian National Congress. During this time, he launched various campaigns to oppose the British rule, which had a negative impact on India. Various movements include the Quit India Movement, the Dandy March, and the Non-Cooperative Movement. He was known as “Bap”. He chooses non-violence to confront the injustices of the British government. He also opposed the partition of India.
In modern Indian history, Mahatma Gandhi remains one of India’s greatest freedom fighters. His thoughts and views on the fight against the British government inspired all Indians to rally and raise their voices. He chooses Satyagraha and Ahimsa over weapons and war to achieve Indian independence. Philosophy, thoughts and ideas have always been embedded in the Indian spirit and culture.
Tribute to Martyr Quotes
- Dear friends, on Martyrs’ Day, let us pray to God for the well-being and prosperity of our nation’s martyrs and their families. Happy martyr’s day.
- In keeping with our tribute to the martyrs on this Martyrs’ Day 2023, we extend our condolences to each and every soldier and their family who died defending their country. best wishes for martyr’s day
- Society draws this inspiration from the soldiers who martyred themselves for their country. best wishes for martyr’s day
- According to Happy Martyrs Day Wishes 2023, each year on Martyrs’ Day, a vow to reward the sacrifices of the martyrs must be made and the vow must be fulfilled in the same year. I wish you a perfect day.
- Our nation’s martyrs have done things for us and our country that you and us can’t even imagine. Happy martyr’s day
- Let me die for this country, I promise.
- The heart says that we should salute the martyrs, that we should reach out to the martyrs not just once, but over and over again.
- The pure idea of patriotism has brought millions of people the honor of martyrdom.
- History is the witness and the martyrs are the people from whom history is made.
- When a sinner dies, his reign ends, but a martyr’s reign begins after he is martyred. Remember that the seeds of the nation were soaked in the blood of martyrs.
Shahid quotes in English
- I wrote down the results. It starts tomorrow. Every drop of my blood makes a revolution. Whether I am alive or not, after my death, I promise that many people will die for my country.
- Patriots are strange Patriots are strange Those who never die are immortal.
- What is a martyr’s blood worth?
- What was the punishment used for us to die? Don’t wait for them, martyrs go to heaven, they won’t go home.
- My pen knows my feelings so well My pen knows my feelings so well Even if I want to write Ishq it will be a written revolution
- Thousands of birds can be seen in the sky today, and offerings show how to fly freely.
- The Fear of Death Occasionally Comes We have played with death all our lives.
- I believe that life is only 4 days. But even four days is enough for a patriot. people will forever remember the martyrs
- This will be the remaining mark of those who died for the land.